Nissan will offer its Safety Shield 360, a suite of six active safety technologies, as standard equipment on 10 models beginning in 2021.
Nissan currently offers Safety Shield 360 standard on Sentra, Leaf, Maxima, Kicks, Rogue Sport, and Titan. The Safety Shield 360 safety suite will also be standard on the 2021 Rogue and on three additional models to be announced in the coming months, according to Nissan.
The all-new 2020 Sentra and 2021 Rogue both have the most standard safety features in their respective classes.
Nissan Safety Shield 360 includes six advanced systems:
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection – which uses forward-facing radar and camera technology to track vehicles and crossing pedestrians, can give audible and visual warnings and apply braking to help avoid or reduce the severity of frontal collisions
- Lane Departure Warning – which can alert driver of drifting from lane with a visual warning and audible or haptic signals
- High Beam Assist – automatically switches to low beam headlights when it detects a vehicle ahead and turns the high beams back on when appropriate
- Blind Spot Warning – helps spot vehicles in driver’s blind spot areas
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – can warn the driver about detected approaching vehicles when reversing out of a parking spot
- Rear Automatic Braking – helps detect stationary objects when backing up and, if necessary, applies the brakes to help avoid a collision